On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation - this is quite clear. Shouldn't such
> explanations be in a Lua FAQ or some such place ?

I'm planning a much-needed revision to the unofficial FAQ:

http://www.luafaq.org/

and this kind of explanation would fit in nicely.  The entries in a
FAQ do not all have to be basic questions, but can do some depth as
well.

We all know about the forest - but wandered long enough down the
paths, scattering breadcrumbs so we could find our way out.  It would
be good to reduce all that folklore-exploration of course ;)