On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> OK, enough people have told me that they are interested.
> This is now officially a side project of mine now :)

Excellent initiative, sir!  Count me in.  We were trying to do
something very similar to this with the aborted LuaForge 2 initiative.
Since then the game has changed - it's easy to get convenient hosting
and repos (I like github but there are others apparently ;)) so the
idea is a human curated and ranked catalog of projects.

(You can see remants of that idea with Betrand Mansion's excellent
design mockup used for Lua Snippets

http://snippets.luacode.org/

which was done with Sputnik by Jim Whitehead and myself)

There are social issues:  traditionally we are all very _polite_ in
this community, and one of the rules is: don't bash a guy's package.
But quality control requires judgement, so that someone new can come
in and find the recommended solution.   So if the culture could shift
a little bit - constructive criticism is not personal or disrespectful
- then this can really be useful.

steve d.