On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Steve. Very good to hear that. Is there any chance it might work with
> gdb GUI wrappers like DDD or Nemiver ? Somehow I missed the Emacs bus, and
> never quite managed to catch it (and sulking ever since, as a result).

All the Emacs keybindings have since fallen out of my head. It's
brilliant late 20-th century technology ;)

I did consider that, but I remember that DDD wanted to call a specific
executable called 'gdb'.  By faking the environment, we can find out
what it wants from gdb (logging and passing on to real gdb), and then
we can write a sufficiently-good fake gdb.