On Saturday, September 14, 2013, Jayanth Acharya wrote:
My understanding is that I could put a breakpoint in the 'C' function of a lua extension library. Right ?

You can. I can be useful to debug the extension library, but not so good to debug the integration of the lua and C parts because GDB will not know about Lua. For example, in the backtrace you can't see the stack of lua functions that led to your breakpoint in C.

I don't know of any debugging environment where you can easily debug both languages.

Regards,
Frederico Cadete