On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> mere boolean. Would it spoil some vast eternal plan if in the
> case of a successful import, `pl` would be a table containing
> `compat`, `import_into` and `utils`? Which also tests `true`?

No plan would be upset. The original idea was that require 'pl' was
the lazy way to write scripts;  all the modules are available, but
only _loaded_ when used.  It is perfectly possible for the return to
be that table of contents, and lazy loading could happen less
automagically thereafter.

As for local utils = require 'pl.utils', I've been doing that since
the days of the original 'module considered harmful' discussions and
anyone writing _modules_ using PL should prefer that style, since no
magic is used.