On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM, William Ahern <william@25thandclement.com> wrote:

 # service=0xfffffffd <Address 0xfffffffd out of bounds>, port=62352) at
 # tcp_unix.c:166

A little Googling suggests that _this_ tcp_open call comes from c-client,
the UW-IMAP library. Perhaps the issue is as kamicc olo suggested.

As far as I know UW-IMAP or c-client is not installed.

Try not linking in c-client into your Apache process (perhaps coming from
PHP?), or edit luasocket.c to keep its tcp_open definition static.

I'm not much of a C programmer, is setting tcp_open definition to static a simple change? Can you point me to an example of how to do this?

Thanks!
Chris

You'll
probably have to source include tcp.c into luasocket.c. And you might want
to fix some other routines.

I'm surprised this happens as Lua by default loads modules with RTLD_LOCAL.
But kamicc olo attests to it, and it looks like it's happening to you,
so....