On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Phill Djonov <phill@vec3.net> wrote:
> cases where standard Lua wouldn't touch the allocator. Reflection,
> since it passes arguments and return values as objects and arrays of
> objects, intrinsically creates garbage during normal operation.

Oh yes, I know all about that when using LuaJava on Android - at least
I've managed to bring down the other garbage.  The point here is that
automagic bindings is fantastic for incremental work (can make a
change in a Lua file and have an activity changed in a fraction of a
second) or even a REPL, which is lovely for learning the API.

It could be possible to use the reflection traces of an application to
automatically generate static binding equivalents, but so far I'm
coping ok without _compile-time_ magic ;)