Hi,

While writing some code targeting both Lua 5.1 and 5.2, I decided to
do it in a more natural Lua-5.2 style and provide
wrappers/replacements for Lua 5.1 functions to reduce API mismatches.
The result of this was a tiny module which I took the liberty of
calling "Compat-5.2" (as a nod to the venerable Compat-5.1, a module
that provided Lua-5.1-style APIs for Lua 5.0).

Here is the first release, aptly numbered version 0.1:

https://github.com/hishamhm/lua-compat-5.2/tree/v0.1

Also available in LuaRocks (of course). Just type:

luarocks install compat52

This is a Lua-only module (though it uses bit32 rock as a dependency
to provide the bit32 API for Lua 5.1); it is *not* a library covering
the differences between the C APIs of 5.1 and 5.2. More information
(what's implemented, what is not) in the README at the bottom of the
Github page:

https://github.com/hishamhm/lua-compat-5.2/

Feedback, contributions, pull requests and criticism are welcome!

-- Hisham
http://hisham.hm/