On Aug 27, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Dan Tull <dtull@adobe.com> wrote:

The other lint hit that we could (but don't) include in the build is this one:

 if not foo == "bar" then

 end

I call it "not equals misuse" lint and it's always a mistake, but rarely happens once
people are used to the language, so we haven't bothered including it, either.

I've seen a few "false positives" on this one, but only because our build includes a Lua macro processor, and sometimes you end up with constructs like this only because the part after the "not" is hidden inside a (perfectly valid) macro.

--Tim