On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> It actually took less than 10 minutes, LPeg not required.

Looks like a useful concept. Do you plan to publish the code?

I had the thought that it might not be that much work to extend the
concept to automatically apply the CriticMarkup when diffing two
different drafts of a file.

That would be very useful with the NoteCase Pro outliner, where only
one of the native file formats is plain text (HTML), so stand-alone
diff tools can't be used for the encrypted formats. But for all native
formats, scripts act on an in-memory representation of a document in
HTML. With the non-HTML native formats, we can't do a file diff using
plain text diff apps. But scripting the diff operation looks like it
would be fairly simple using CriticMarkup syntax.

And since we've got GTKSourceview to work with too, a .lang definition
file for the syntax highlighting would be fairly simple, given the
simplicity of the CriticMarkup syntax.

Best regards,

Paul