On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:50:27 +0200, steve donovan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
> > Which ironically, has no licence.
>
> I do wish github would bully me about this kind of thing, because I
> forget those little biting insects and get patient emails all the time
> about the licensing of my projects.

I have a rule -- I only ever create projects using my "make-project" shell
function:

make-project () { mcd "$1"; git init; cp /usr/share/common-licenses/$2 COPYING; git add COPYING; git commit -m "This project is under the $2 licence at this time"; }

That way, I can't accidentally have a project with no licence :-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69