On 8/9/2013 7:40 PM, Ralph Hempel wrote:
KHMan wrote:
On 8/9/2013 10:20 AM, Tim Hill wrote:
… calls upon the storm gods to head to Ontario :)

It's going to be a *lot* easier to run Lua on EV3... :-p

Texas Instruments AM1808 ARM9 SOC
http://armdevices.net/2013/01/13/lego-mindstorms-ev3-launched/

Datasheet
http://www.ti.com/product/am1808

Linux toolchain (free)
http://www.ti.com/tool/linuxezsdk-sitara

Seriously, is there that much interest in getting Lua on the EV3
just in this group? :-)

I have next week off, we'll be in Lake Placid doing some hiking -
maybe there will be a rainy day...

Enjoy the break, we're just shootin' the breeze here... :-)

Anyway, in dumping the links out there I was just thinking that EV3 is just another small Linux-based board, 64MB RAM and 16MB NAND, so when people start releasing distro images and toolchains, I think coding will be a breeze much like Raspberry Pi and all the small ARM/MIPS boards. So it seems to me like: no more microcontroller, it's a small Linux computer now...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)