On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:52 AM, William Ahern <william@25thandclement.com> wrote:

This infuriated me so much that on principle I swore off pkg-config forever.

Well, it's not the first time that the Gnome people have shown poor judgement!  I bet you that a perfectly good substitute could be written in about a thousand lines of Lua, probably even less.

I'm interested in luapath because I'm looking for more robust Lua detection mechanisms for Lake, preferably as a plugin.

(Of course, when you're on Windows then you're in the world of shaky heuristics anyway since there are no standard places for libraries whatsoever)