On Thursday, August 1, 2013, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
On 01/08/2013 9.32, Chodera, Ian wrote:
nano = 10^-9

see: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/prefixes.html

I think the OP meant he has to work in the nanoseconds *range*,
using basic time units of 100ns:

10^7 "units" == 1s
=> 1 unit = 10^-7s = 100 * 10^-9s = 100ns

-- Lorenzo

This is correct.

I'm on 5.2 and limiting dependancies is important.  I'd also prefer an approach that avoided patching code in individual Lua files. Libraries, even ones replacing core functionality, are okay, provided they're stable.

Is grafting portions of LuaJIT possible, given the above preferences?

I'm still temped by 5.3 work 1...

-Andrew