On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

The earliest implementation of Lua that we have found to date has files
dated 28 Jul 1993. We have dubbed that version Lua 1.0, which is available at
	http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-1.0.tar.gz

Lacking a precise release date, since Lua 1.0 was never released,
we commemorate 20 years of Lua today.

On behalf of the Lua team, I thank you all for your interest in Lua and
for your support and ideas during all these years, which have motivated
us to keep developing Lua.
	Congratulations for the exceptional work you three are sharing
with us!  I am sure the quality of your work enhance the quality of the
community in this list which is also a great gift!

	Thanks,
		Tomás