De: Geoff Leyland
Enviado: ‎26‎ de ‎julho‎ de ‎2013 ‎03‎:‎09
Para: Lua mailing list
Assunto: Re: Lua, WGS84 and UTM

On 26/07/2013, at 2:16 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>> Before I go ahead and do it myself, does anyone know of freely available Lua code to convert between WGS84 (Latitude and Longitude) to UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator)?
>
> Is there authoritative C or C++ code for that? In this case you can either
> bind it to Lua or just convert manually.

There are certainly plenty of examples in other languages (For example [1].  I've already got WGS84 to NZTM in Lua, but that's of limited interest to the rest of the world).  So it's not a big deal to translate to Lua.   Since it's a very standard kind of thing, I figured I'd ask to try to keep the number of implementations down.

[1] https://github.com/Turbo87/utm/blob/master/utm/conversion.py