On 25/07/2013 17.12, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
May I suggest to put a link somewhere to TDM GCC [1] somewhere in the
instruction for building Lua on Windows?

Since we have very limited experience and access to Windows programming
environments, it'd be better if the Getting Started page could point to
a wiki page contained detailed instructions on how building Lua on Windows.

Could you please start one there? Thanks.

Ok, I did create a page [1]. Now I'll try to put up an explanation for pure newbies. When I finish the work I'll make an announcement on the list.

Please don't link to it yet. I don't know how much time it will take me to complete it. I'll try to make a step-by-step tutorial for people with almost no programming experience, so I'll need some time (please be patient, I learned how to edit the wiki just tonight! :-).

After I've finished it and removed the "Work in Progress" header, anyone will be welcome to edit it and make it better!

-- Lorenzo

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingLuaInWindowsForNewbies