Sorry to reply to myself!

On 25/07/2013 14.45, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
[snip]

May I suggest to put a link somewhere to TDM GCC [1] somewhere in the
instruction for building Lua on Windows?

[snip]

I think it is important because people on Linux are more used to compile apps from sources (and GCC is preinstalled on most distros), whereas on Windows the process is fairly painful for non-C programmers, so the availability of a C compiler which works mostly out-of-the-box is crucial to avoid frustrating newbies motivated enough to build from the sources.