On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree, someone should try it out, offer a patch... The N3242 C++ draft was 1334 pages. I think Lua is very far behind in that respect and we need to catch up!

We'll never win, alas. They just keep growing ... but it would be nice to have new operators (say for bit operations) so we could overload them.  (Some of these ways will be silly, but that's life)

However, this proposal will not lead to a very efficient solution, and as Mr Highland points out, a language translator has to do that work anyway.  Moonscript is a good example of a language that uses Lua - and for a certain value of identity, _is_ Lua with a new skin.