On Jul 19, 2013 3:27 PM, "Paul K" <paulclinger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Peter Cawley <lua@corsix.org> wrote:
> > twoface is a DLL which consumes the 5.2 ABI and presents a 5.1 style ABI,
> > thereby allowing a 5.2 program to load most 5.1 C libraries without the need
> > for any recompilation.
> >
> > For source code and further details, see http://corsix.github.io/twoface/

> One question. is something like this possible for OSX and Linux
> platforms as well?

It is not possible on Linux because upstream a) has no official support for shared libraries, and b) as Peter alludes to, upstream's unofficial choices for module linkage require a flat namespace. Linux certainly supports non-flat namespaces these days, but I don't feel like reading the linker docs again when it's going to require rocket surgery on every loadable module object file, or giving in and relinking instead.

Jay