Have you tried the `luars232` package in luarocks?

On 19 July 2013 15:18, Luís Caruso <luiscaruso@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm translating a collection of lua scripts from lua-for-windows to lua running in Ubuntu.
I found this libraries librs232.so and luars232.so form Peter Stetiar very used by many projects, but they are not available as binaries. (I try to search very hard).
And I think that not just this two pieces sufice to get Lua accessing the serial port. I think that other libraries or hard or soft links be necessary to make the thing go.
I thought that if there is a place where this kind of library is used is by the Lua community, so I'm asking to you, if anybody have used them and how should I proceed to get it running in my machine.

Thank you very much

Luis Caruso