On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
> 2013/7/14 Wolfgang Schenke <wolfgangschenke@yahoo.de>:
>> So once again a minor Lua version change makes
>
> It's not a "minor Lua version change."
>
> You are perhaps unfamiliar with Lua version numbering I suppose.  X.Y
> to X.(Y+1) is a "major" change, which may not be entirely compatible
> (but is usually "substantially compatible"); only version changes from
> X.Y.Z to X.Y.(Z+1) are intended (and advertised) to be completely
> compatible.

The mental picture I have in my mind regarding Lua's versioning scheme
is as follows:
Version 5.2.1 can be interpreted as
'5' - "Generation" number. All 5.x.x versions are "design" compatible
'2' - "Major" release. All 5.2.x versions are "feature" compatible
'1' - "Minor" number. All 5.2.1.x  versions use the same
implementation and differ by bug fixes or performance tweaks.

--Leo--