On 2013-Jul-08 (Mon) at 09:01 (+0200), David Demelier wrote:

>> 2013/7/7 Luis Carvalho <lexcarvalho@gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > isinteger = function(x)
>> >   return type(x) == "number" and not math.isfloat(x)
>> > end
>>
>> Since this is very short, I don't see any objections about integrating
>> into the Lua core instead of writing it each time :-). Also there is
>> math.isfloat() why not math.isinteger?
>>
>> Much cleaner, much convenient

Seconded!

Rather than being bloat, to me it would *enhance* the simplicity
of Lua to have this convenience and symmetry, rather than having
to remember which one of 'isfloat' / 'isinteger' comes builtin,
and which one needs to be derived.

Joseph

Joseph Manning / Computer Science / UCC Cork Ireland / manning@cs.ucc.ie