On 08/06/13 19:39, jonsmirl@gmail.com wrote:
Is there anything similar in the Lua world? I'm running Luci on
OpenWRT. It would be neat to incorporate a web terminal into Luci.

Not a terminal, but my multitask environment for Lua, https://github.com/xopxe/Lumen , comes with a toy http server with support for websockets, and a simple lua shell that can be accessed from a sample http page :)
Just run the tests/test-http-server.lua, and point your browser to localhost:8080/shell.html

The shell can be also accessed over a plain socket, obviously, but I could not find a telnet signaling libray in pure Lua, nor have i looked how complicated is that.

Lumen works pretty good under OpenWRT, as it can run only depending on nixio, which is the library behind luci. I use it pretty a lot.

It's not what you need, but you could pick some bits from there. Personally, I will be watching this thread closely :)

Jorge