I think this works for 5.2

Alexandre

   From: Matthew Wild
   Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:31 PM
   To: Lua mailing list
   Subject: Re: luasocket for IPv6

   On 29 May 2013 16:59, Alexandre Rion <gaumerie@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Something is working there, but I don't know anything the state of that
   > version. I haven't tried. Does someone know more about it?
   >
   > https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable

   It works. We quietly released a packaged version of this along with a
   Prosody beta a few weeks ago. We have had no bug reports from people
   using it.

   [...]

-----Message d'origine----- From: Jose Torre-Bueno
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:32 AM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Break out of program in interpreter

On May 14, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:

On 14 May 2013 12:03, Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
Obviously better than my script using a fake socket timeout. Dunno how I missed that...

Even if you didn't have sleep. You can just use select with empty sets :)

   require "socket".select(nil,nil,0.5)

Am I correct that there is no version of lua socket for 5.2?

Jose Torre-Bueno
jtorrebueno@cox.net