I thought that control-C would end a function running in the interpreter and return me to the interpreter's command line, in fact I thought that used to be the behavior but now I can't.  Is there any way to break out of a running lua program w/o killing the interpreter?  As an alternative is there a way for a program to test if a key has been pressed on the keyboard?  io.read waits for a line so if no key has been pressed the program pends at the read.  I would like a way to test if a key has been pressed, fetch it if so and continue if not.

Jose Torre-Bueno