At some point in the last weeks the 100000th message was posted to lua-l.
The traffic statistics are at http://www.lua.org/lua-l-stats.html .

Surprisingly for a list of its size and age, the signal-to-noise ratio
remains quite high, despite a few dips. That the list is so successful
is mainly due to those who generously share their expertise with the
whole Lua community.

I trust we can keep lua-l friendly and welcoming, and full of good advice.
On behalf of the Lua team, I thank you all for joining and helping others.

As we have said in the HOPL paper, the list has become the focal point of
the Lua community and it has been a source of motivation for improving Lua.

--lhf