On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 22, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But it seems that Petite Abeille is reluctant to use LPeg…
>
> Well, in that specific case, I was explicitly looking for a plain Lua string pattern… no other third party required
>
>> @P. A.: What don't you like about it?
>
> About LPeg in general? I'm sure it's wonderful. Totally over my head though, and well above my modest needs and wants :)

In this case, I agree with you. I hadn't seen your post with your
final solution before posting.

If you ever were to dig in, Dirk Laurie's primer is very well done:
https://github.com/dlaurie/lua-notes/blob/master/lpeg-brief.md

This reminds me that I've yet to post my summary about group captures...

-- Pierre-Yves