[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] lsocket 1.1
- From: "Gunnar Zötl" <gz@...>
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 14:21:10 +0200 (CEST)
this message is to announce the availability of version 1.1, lsocket, another
take of a socket programming library for lua.
It is not intended to be a complete socket api, but easy to use and good enough
for most tasks. Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported, as are tcp and udp, and also
IPv4 broadcasts and IPv6 multicasts. Also, almost completely nonblocking.
Changes since 1.0.2:
- lsocket.connect() is now also nonblocking, apart from nameserver lookups.
- socket:status() method added to query sockets for errors (necessary because of
non-blocking connect(), but also handy for other situations)
- nicer SIGPIPE handling, using socket or send options where possible, and
disabling SIGPIPE for the send/sendto operation only where options are not
- the included rshttpd.lua example httpd library now supports keepalive
You can get lsocket from http://www.tset.de/lsocket
or via luarocks install lsocket.