On May 8, 2013 4:21 PM, "Roberto Ierusalimschy" <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> > J2: Invoking clang in the "-m32" model on Mac-10.6 results in the same
> > miscompilation as J1.
>
> Are you sure about this point? I cound not find any message reporting
> this bug with clang. (Or have you tested it yourself?)

I tested it myself (along with all the other -m32 cases on Mac), although I didn't even know I had /usr/bin/clang on 10.6 and 3.2.6.

I did not look at the assembly of all the cases; the bus error on close() was my definitive check, along with I *think* testing the stupid asm("") thing. I'm on my phone right now so I can't be sure.

I haven't tested 10.8 at all, so those are from other user reports.