On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>> >Even more strange, it actually looks correct when viewed in gmail (see
>> >attached.)
>>
>> Same with Postbox on Mac ... your reply and attribution looks fine there.
>
> Isn't these just because they use the HTML version?
>
> -- Roberto

That's probably the case. When I select "Show original" in Gmail's
dropdown menu for Steve's reply, I see the message in plain text and
HTML.

The plain text version looks like this (with Steve's first line
written directly after the last >):
--------------------------
> and have a group of people act as gardeners?
>
> Ha, indeed. It does for those who have imbibed deeply of the Kool Aid ;)

At least the Source will then have a home, and people can always send
traditional patches.

The HTML version looks like this (with Steve's first line completely
outside of the blockquote):
t:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
git makes things easier? :) =A0Perhaps put it on the <a href=3D"http://lua-=
users.org" target=3D"_blank">lua-users.org</a> wiki,<br>
and have a group of people act as gardeners?<br>
 of the Kool Aid ;)