What is Ophal?
Ophal is a highly scalable web platform, which aims to be easy to maintain, learn, extend and is open to improvements. Developers can create modules to alter and extend Ophal's core capabilities and add new features or customize Ophal's behavior and appearance, Zophin and DBA are examples of that. Ophal core supports themes, which customize the "look and feel" of Ophal sites.
- Community news
- Moved to GitHub! http://github.com/ophal
- New contrib modules: content, user and shorten
- Theming / Front-end improvements
- Backend improvements
- Installation / Deployment improvements
- Miscelaneous improvements
- The future
- Contribute to Ophal!
Moved to GitHub!
Yes, all Ophal code is now on http://github.com/ophal so we expect a feeback in the issue queue, many forks and loads of Stargazers!
New contrib modules
They are the ones that extend Ophal beyond:
- Content and User modules provide some CMS functionality.
- Shorten is a a URL shortener module.
They are not included in core so you can create your own contrib modules, or fork the ones existing, just don't forget to contribute upstream.
Theming / Front-end improvements
- Add uuid.js v0.1 as default UUID library
- Add jssha256 v0.1 as default SHA256 and HMAC-SHA256 library
- Add json2.js 2012-10-08 default JSON stringify and parse library
- Implement theme functions: form(), textfield(), label() and button().hidden() and textarea() item_list() and submit()
- Allow to extend templates environment (see settings.lua)
- Allow delayed theme rendering
- Force theme functions to have a single param named 'variables'
- Implement pager primitives
- Make sure to output script tags in FIFO order
- Load Form API on bootstrap (if enabled)
- Add function arg() to theme environment
- Add mobile library to theming environment
- Default interpreter changed from LuaJIT to Lua. You can change it back by yourself if needed
- New functions: formatdate(), dblastinsertid(), goto()
- Fix some bugs in Boost module
- Improve error handling during bootstrap
- Refactor bootstrap: distributed in 15 phases
- Improve mobile detection by redirecting to the full url using REQUEST_URI header
- Add error message to output of function db_query()
Installation / Deployment
- Looking for a cheap Ophal host? check the Ophal hosting directory
- Implement steps 0, 1, 2 and 3 of Ophal installer
- New options in settings.lua: settings.site.hash and settings.date_format
- New coding standard: Use single quotes when possible
- API documentation improved! source code does not lie.
- Improve SEO with a robots.txt, now core comes with a robost.example.txt
- Use the new .gitignore file as your source code tracking helper.
- Bug fix: Allow downloads from directory 'files'.
First beta release of Ophal shall include:
- CGIC: File Uploads(RFCs 1867 & 2388)
- Software documentation
- Core API documentation
- Core tests
Would you like to help Ophal get to beta stage? join the team! contact info [at] ophal.org
Contribute to Ophal!
- Contribute modules, themes and patches, contact info [at] ophal.org
- Contribute logo and mockups for ophal.org, contact info [at] ophal.org
- Contribute documentation, contact info [at] ophal.org
Fernando Paredes García
** Before printing this message, please consider your commitment with the environment
** Antes de imprimir este mensaje piensa en tu compromiso con el medio ambiente