On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's  wrong with that?
>

> I interpret "negentropy" as "negative entropy", like "force against disorder"
>
> --
> Javier

I am familiar with two meanings of "negative entropy" as per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negentropy

(1) By Erwin Schroedinger:  "The negentropy of a living system is the
entropy that it exports to keep its own entropy low" -- which means
crapping out your own entropy into the surroundings maintaining your
own state of order at the expense of everyone around you :-)

(2) Information Theory (my field):  "In information theory and
statistics, negentropy is used as a measure of distance to normality."

In both cases applying "negentropy" to a person can be potentially insulting :-)

--Leo--