[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: The state of Luasocket
- From: Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@...>
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:58:36 -0400
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Leo Razoumov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> What's wrong with that?
> I interpret "negentropy" as "negative entropy", like "force against disorder"
I am familiar with two meanings of "negative entropy" as per
(1) By Erwin Schroedinger: "The negentropy of a living system is the
entropy that it exports to keep its own entropy low" -- which means
crapping out your own entropy into the surroundings maintaining your
own state of order at the expense of everyone around you :-)
(2) Information Theory (my field): "In information theory and
statistics, negentropy is used as a measure of distance to normality."
In both cases applying "negentropy" to a person can be potentially insulting :-)