On 27 April 2013 21:00, Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:

Which makes it a complete non-starter for me. Plus you want to be in control of the list data. What happens if/when stackexchange goes away?

You use the latest data dump from the site: http://blog.stackoverflow.com/category/cc-wiki-dump/

But to me the main reason not to is there is nothing to gain from having a separate site. Tags work for stackoverflow.com if you only want to see lua-related questions, and if there were separate sites for different technologies, it would be unclear where to post a question that involved more than one (like pretty much all of the "lua binding to XXX" discussions here - do they go in the lua stackexchange or the XXX one? Better not to have to decide.