On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/4/17 Hisham <h@hisham.hm>:
> [For those not in the mood: jump straight to the bottom SUMMARY.]

<snip>

Thank you for the feedback!

> SUMMARY:
>
> 1. LuaRocks should be updatable by "luarocks install luarocks".

Note that `luarocks install` does *not* update a rock. It installs a
new version in parallel with the old one. (Doh!)

Anyway, installing/updating luarocks with luarocks is a long-standing
feature request. Please search the LuaRocks ML.

> 2. The main help screen should say "More detailed help available
>    by 'luarocks help <command>'.
> 3. It should not be necessary to visit the website. There should
>    be an INSTALL file giving the main points of both sets of
>    installation instructions, and selected documentation, in
>    particular "How to package your module as a rock" (which I have
>    so far not found on the side) should be installed locally.
>    E.g. /usr/local/doc/luarocks or /usr/local/lib/luarocks/doc.

Easy to contribute. Patches are welcome!

> 4. BTW the site is not super-nice, for example I needed to say
>    "No Style" because with "Basic Page Style" the lines do not
>    wrap.

A screenshot, a webbrowser and OS versions would be nice. (And please
file them as an issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/keplerproject/luarocks/issues.)

Best,
Alexander.