On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:11:13AM +0100, liam mail wrote:
> On 16 April 2013 08:08, Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:
>
> > I know that C does not have a Boolean type
>
> C99 introduced a boolean type "_Bool" and it's alias "bool" which can be
> used along with true and false via the header stdbool.h

Microsoft has rejected implementing C99 or C11, except for a small number of
features shared with C++11. It would be trivial to support most of C99 and
C11, because huge chunks of the underlying compiler and run-time are
licensed from outside vendors, and I know for a fact that some of those
vendors have leading implementations of C99 and C11. Microsoft just really
hates C.

To use a version of C that's not 20 years old one has to use some compiler
other than MSVC.