On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
So as evil as it is, if we were to make a helper library that
magically made everything work as expected, surely that's at least an
improvement? :)

Totally!  Evil is a very relative term, much abused in debates about programming language usage.  (I think it should be reserved for breaches of the Geneva Convention and so forth, but I digress)

With a simple patch/unpatch pair, can keep a stack and penalize people when they don't provide the matching unpatch... a certain amount of hand-slapping is needed for the Greater Good.