Very useful for sure. Is there anything like this on Windows? Python's subprocess module allows to feed a process's stdin and read its stdout and stderr independent of OS platform.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
> [..snip..]
> The reason for mentioning all this on the list is that I think it's
> pretty cool (being able to write process pipelines simply in Lua), but
> I have no idea if it's of interest to anyone else, and, if so, whether
> the API and, secondarily, code, seem sensible.

Rueben,
this new feature is VERY useful. IMHO, easy pipelining has been the
only feature that is keeping shell programming around. With
'posix.pipeline' one can safely retire shell scripts in favor of Lua
scripts.

--Leo--