[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: 5.2 and 5.1
- From: Greg Lewin <greg.lewin@...>
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:37:25 +0100
1) if there is such a major compatibility break, why are they both flagged as 5.x ? (this looks like the same sort of discussion the Python community is having over 2.x vs. 3.x, which they acknowledge as a major break).
2) Is there any sign that Lua is settling down to a really stable specification, when this sort of thing will no longer be a serious issue? (c.f. the current stable state of Python 2.x, seen as just itself without worrying about the impending 3.x).
- i.e. any releases are either bug fixes; or, genuinely new features being tried out for the next major release and which do not interfere with existing mature code.