> Thanks, Paul. That was a useful piece of the puzzle, since new
LuaSocket is building
> everywhere else fine (except for failing the
> consistently). However,
the result (also 5.2, XP SP3) seems broken; it cannot do a
localhost server/client connection reliably, but can do an explicit ip
I noticed one strange thing when I was testing Lua52/luasocket with mobdebug: I couldn't get socket.connect to work between two Lua52/luasocket nodes running locally. I could connect from Lua51/old-luasocket to Lua52/luasocket or vice versa, but not between two Lua52/luasocket instances. socket.connect4 worked correctly though (this is the new method in "unstable" luasocket).
I tried to trace the code, but couldn't figure out what was causing the issue.
So, I ended up using "(socket.connect4 or socket.connect)(connect parameters.....)" as this works fine in all the combinations I've tested.
> Since XP still has another year before it is dustbinned,
and assuming that LuaSocket is
> actually released this year, we do have
to sort this out.