On 1 April 2013 16:48, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/4/1 Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe>:
>
>> Hisham already explained how to set up parallel trees better than
>> I could though, so I'll let you go back and read his earlier reply.
>
> I just wanted to take quick look at stdlib to see what it
> can do. It's not important enough to me to spend a whole
> evening on. I'll just copy the contents of the std/ directory
> to somewhere on my Lua path and use the individual
> modules.

You didn't specify how are Lua 5.1 and 5.2 installed in your system,
but try this:

mkdir testdir
cd testdir
wget http://luarocks.org/releases/luarocks-2.0.12.tar.gz
tar zxvpf luarocks-2.0.12.tar.gz
cd luarocks-2.0.12
./configure --prefix=$HOME/testdir --lua-version=5.2 --with-lua=/usr/local
# you may need additional flags such as --with-lua-include
# and --lua-suffix depending on your system
make
make install
cd ..
bin/luarocks build stdlib --tree=$PWD