Hi Dirk,

On 2 Apr 2013, at 02:33, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/4/1 Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe>:
>>> You have several options:
>>>
>>> 1) Use Luarocks:  luarocks install stdlib
>>>  That's it!  This is the easiest way to get stdlib by fare.
>
> That builds a 5.1 version. I want 5.2.

Well, that depends on how you've set your luarocks installation up.

Most likely, running `luarocks make stdlib-34.1-1.rockspec` will
also use the same luarocks binary, and install stdlib to your 5.1
luarocks tree.

Hisham already explained how to set up parallel trees better than
I could though, so I'll let you go back and read his earlier reply.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)