Le 28/03/2013 01:07, Hisham a écrit :
> On 27 March 2013 09:01, Laurent Faillie <l_faillie@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I second also the suggestion to add something in luarocks for automatic
>> checking.
>> It's easier for users and wide spread in all packages management system.
> Checking for available updates shouldn't be hard (as others mentioned
> already), so yes, it would be a nice feature for LuaRocks.
>
> However, I am wary of coding a more automagic command such as
> `luarocks update-all` because it would be very unlikely that it would
> do 'the right thing' all the time:
I totally agree : updates must be done manually under user's
responsibility (even with package management system with strong QA
policy as Gentoo's portage - probably the best one -, you may have bad
surprises).

But having a simple tool to highlight potential updates will help. Even
if home made script can be easy made (thanks for all who replied), I
think its best place is part of LuaRocks :)

Bye

Laurent