2013/3/26 petah <lua@laufenberg.ch>
>2013/3/25 marbux <marbux@gmail.com>:
>Just one of word from advice from a contemporary: don't choose
>something you yourself do not know well. You will be an honorary
>grandfather-cum-guru and don't want to be forced into confessing
>ignorance too soon.

Nah, you'll learn along, could be fun.

Luiz's recommended Processing.org has an amazing project gallery, these beautiful results should be a huge motivator for a kid. Back when I learned to code it wasn't hard to best 8-bit computer graphics, unlike today's console games, so Processing's "orthogonal" approach is interesting. Since so many artists use it I'll guess it's not too complex to learn (vs writing GPU shaders, say).

Hi,

Last summer I had a teenager at home for hollidays.
I've gave him one of my computer , installed processing and it was amazing
how much he could do in a week, almost with no help from me, and more
this chap was really enjoying it...

Regards,

Thierry