On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Jan Sedlák <boloomka@gmail.com> wrote:

> 5) I like that it includes updated parts about Lua 5.2, but I hate
> that even that Lua 5.2 is almost an year old, my Fedora 18 still
> includes old Lua 5.1. Emacs lua-mode doesn't indent multi-line strings
> well and Eclipse LDT, again, supports only Lua 5.1...

You need to push their packagers/maintainers or DIY. E.g., Lua 5.2 has
just appeared in the http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
quantal/universe amd64 Packages (according to apt-cache). But 5.1 is
still available by that route as well. Packages are named lua5.1 and
lua5.2. I haven't checked on the 32-bit counterpart repository.
According to this page, it's also available for the Ubuntu Precise
Pangolin distros (v. 12.04).
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/km/source/precise/amd64/interpreters/lua5.2>.

There are lua5.2 rpms available for OpenSuSE and PCLinuxOS.
<http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/3/srodzaj/1/search/lua5.2>

Best regards,

Paul