On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   -spc (Sigh ... I really need to talk about these modules a bit more ... )

I know the feeling ;)  But David's results show that a C->LuaJIT
translator would probably be faster than TCC.

I have an old C++ interpreter project, and the bytecode performance
sucks. LuaJIT would be a great target, but whenever I look at the
compiler backend I get an instant headache (the front-end is not a
work of beauty either ;))  I'm so relieved that the clang people have
an interative C++ compiler project.

BTW, Peter D's batteries distribution has the luadist executable, and
one of the available binary packages is .. tcc.  Having that stuff
available (especially on systems without package managers) is so nice.

steve d.