Just had an interesting thought: could you write a compiler in Lua,
that compiles C into Lua bytecode or source code?

I think you'd need a C module (compiled to native code) that provides
Lua the ability to do some of the things C can do, such as call
syscalls and allocate raw memory blocks (char*s), but once you have
that framework in place, it could be possible to compile C programs
into Lua code, that would then only rely on Lua and that "framework"
module.

Or have I finally gone off the deep end?

--
Sent from my Game Boy.