On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM, David Heiko Kolf <kolf@gmx.de> wrote:
> I am quite fond of Fossil <http://www.fossil-scm.org/>.  The only
> dependency it has is zlib and Posix or Windows, it builds fine on many
> systems and it includes a wiki and bug tracker in the same decentralized
> repository as the source.  I am using that for my own projects but for
> projects other people started I am willing to work with most version
> control systems that are free software.

same here; i'm big fan of Fossil, love the one-file-is-all
repositories and integrated workflow.  but collaborating means
compromising on some common infrastructure, and Git / github is easier
than having to convince everybody else and _way_ better than stalling
the issue and revert back to CSV/Subversion/zipfiles.

going just somewhat off-topic, now that fossil has an easy export to
git, is there any simple way to export directly to a github project?

the 'obvious' way to do it is to have a local Git repository, export
fossil to that, and push to github

# git clone (or pull...)
# git fast-export --all | fossil import --git new-repo.fossil
.... work for some time, commiting to fossil....
# fossil export --git ../repo.fossil | git fast-import
# git push <remote>

but i would _love_ to do something like:

# git clone (or pull...)  fast-export --all | fossil import --git
new-repo.fossil
.... work for some time, commiting to fossil....
# fossil export --git ../repo.fossil | git fast-import  push <remote>

where the combined git commands would just pipe from the pull to the
fast-export and from fast-import to push without any local repository.
  is something like that possible?

--
Javier