> I get the impression that the Lua creators are not just idolized on this
> mailing list, but also worshiped to some extent.
>
> A signed copy of the book?  Couldn't care less.  (No offense, ...(where's
> my copy?  need to look-up the author name...)...Roberto Ierusalimschy.)

Book signing is a quite mundane event. I do not think book signing is
any kind of religious event, or that all the people that want a signed
copy idolize or worship the author.

> P.S.: I'm a jerk.

Sure you are being one.

> Ban me from the mailing list.

I am sure you know how to be removed, if you really want.
(Just in case: http://www.lua.org/lua-l.html)

-- Roberto