----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Conner
Date: 3/8/2013 2:08 AM
It was thus said that the Great steve donovan once stated:
That's my concern. I do automatic dependency checking, and you get
this explosion of dependencies on zillions of header files. Pruning
the tree becomes important, and I would really appreciate some advice
on this.
   I would think any header file that exists outside the top level directory
of your project can be pruned.  At the very least, on a Unix system, any
header file in "/usr/include", "/usr/local/include" and /opt/include" could
be removed.

Unfortunately, pruning these doesn't work. When there is an update of these system header files, the build system should notice this and update the executable accordingly.

-Josh